Friday, September 12, 2014

This is a FEAST (allergen market & store) steals my heart, a little cookie recipe & a little catch up...

I just put on my first pair of socks and its so nice. For those of you who don't live here,  Toronto has suddenly been hit by fall.  Not gradually, full-on.  Don't get me wrong I love fall, its my jam BUT we weren't expecting this so soon!  I haven't even switched over my wardrobe yet!

Things have been busy and exciting for my company RachelBies Nutrition which is why I've been MIA (again) for my poor neglected blog.  Recently partnered up with the ever so lovely Rachael Hunt -GFTO/GFTW to co-run the next GlutenFreedom Week 2 in November, which is a great project to work on!  (Find out more in our September Newsletter )

And I've rediscovered some old recipes I developed over the years, upside of chilly fall days is warming up in your kitchen...

Easy as always & gluten free.  Start to finish 20 mins.  Kid approved and freezes well.


 Banana Chocolate Cookie Drops

Using dark chocolate chips!




Stuffed bites with choc sunflower butter! Mmmm
\
Thanks this is FEAST! xoxoxo




Here's what you'll need:

4 bananas, ripened and mashed
2 c. gluten free oats.
1/2 - 3/4 c dark chocolate chips, nibbs, or chunks. (optional)

Here's what to do:

Preheat oven to 350.  Mash banana.  Mix in oats.  Add choc.  Using a tbsp, make fairly decent cookie drops.  Optional: Indent and stuff with chocolate, for melty cookies OR use chips and mix into entire batter.  Bake for 15-20 minutes, until firm.  Experiment with nuts and seeds too.  Stuff with raw nut butters too!  



***Thanks to This is a FEAST  for the delicious Chocolate Sunflower Butter - makes a delicious filling for cookies!  If you haven't been yet you must go.  Located across Trinity Bellwoods Park (881 Queen Street), they have housed themselves in a beautiful building, keeping the integrity with natural elements - concrete walls, gorgeous exposed brick and wooden accents.  Don't ask me what my favorite was bc it was all to die for!  Had my first gluten-free pie pocket ~> stuffed with Rowe farms naturally raised beef, parsnips and rosemary.  Sampled sunflower butters that had the perfect hint of smoked salt and finished with melt-in-your-mouth caramels.  There's so much more I need to sample and bring home!  A must on my list & very nutritionist approved!


Something for every one!  Sweet and Savoury TREATS!

Some of OUR favorite gluten-free brands are spotted!
Sneaking a peak into the kitchen!  Thanks Neil & Wendy xoxo

Great view of the city and the park. 

Before I ate everything...

We'll be back soon!!  xoxo


 Hope everyone tries the cookie bites, my clients and friends love them!  Wishing you a happy wknd!

rbn xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment